Sunday, December 5, 2010

Bliss

I was talking to my sister today and said, “This is the best thing I’ve done in my life.” Everyone says it about becoming a parent, but my love for Teddy was powerfully immediate and all consuming. I feel an incredible abundance of happiness and this blog seems to be an excellent way for Dave, me, and other fans of Teddy to express what he means to us and how our world is better because of him.

My dear friend Shannon flew from Kansas City to Seattle to visit us and take photographs of Teddy soon after his birth. She captured our day on Friday, December 3 (Teddy age 3 ½ days), and put the photos into a beautiful video. You’ll see the start of our day, our first visit to Teddy’s pediatrician, lots of great photos of Teddy in our home, some of his many facial expressions that delight and amuse me (see 2:14), and photos with my family. Sitting here with Teddy while watching this video of him is pure bliss. Tremendous thanks, Shannon, for helping us keep these memories and for the fun we had on Friday and over the years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYv0nNmJoiE

5 comments:

  1. nice pictures! what a lovely family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much love and tenderness in the photos and in Janie's and Dave's words in Teddy's blog! Shannon, you brought comfort and Mama-of-Three advice, in addition to the joy of the photos! Love, Mutti (Grandma Jane)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janie and Dave, he's gorgeous! Although I wouldn't have anticipated anything but. What a wonderful way to share your joy and excitement with all of us, too -- keep on blogging, please! Love to you all, Cindy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos made my heart explode.

    Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've GOT to quit looking at these at work because I find myself sitting here crying. Your love is so emphatic it jumps from the screen.
    Aunt Suzy

    ReplyDelete