Friday, December 3, 2010

Belated Thanksgiving Part 2


Things I actually gave thanks for on Thanksgiving Day:
- Good health
- Loving family (including the Stoevers who came all the way out from the Midwest to be with us)
- Warmth, shelter, and enough food and material comforts to meet our needs and most of our desires
- Baby on the way!

Things I did not give thanks for on Thanksgiving Day, but that I should have:
- The ability to sleep more than 2 hours uninterrupted
- Being able to piece together coherent sentences and articulate my thoughts without sounding drunk or as if English was my 5th language
- Not having to wash my hands every 10 minutes
- The ability to sleep more than 2 hours uninterrupted

4 comments:

  1. He is SO gorgeous. SO. GORGEOUS.

    Your thankful lists are right on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. washing your hands is overrated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane you look really well. Everybody so healthy and happy!! I am so happy for you both.

    RE the sleeping. You may have sleepless nights from the birth on. Parents sometimes do that, hopefully infrequently...concerned about the welfare and happiness of their offspring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I think sleep is under rated. When you get to my age, it's more like bliss. Come to St. Louis. You can sleep and I'll get up with Teddy.

    ReplyDelete